Click here for archives of past articles.
Do you counsel patients who travel? Consider joining ATHNA: The American Travel Health Nurses Association
Benefits of ATHNA Membership:
- Utilize our standards and protocols to help you prepare your patients for travel
- Keep current with our ongoing blog, Travel Bytes
- Contribute to the development of travel health as a recognized nursing specialty
- Access our Membership Directory and network across the US and Canada
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others
- Take advantage of the new CE program launching in February
- Participate in our popular Networking, Education, and Development (NED) events, planning is underway for regional meetings in July, 2017.
Our Mission: Advance nurses engaged in the care of international travelers through professional development, evidence based practice and advocacy.
- Advance the profession of Travel Health Nursing in North America.
- Serve as a resource for individuals who provide care to international travelers.
- Assist nurses to keep current regarding recommendations and emerging travel health issues.
- Promote communication and networking among Travel Health Nurses across North America.
- Facilitate the adoption of ATHNAs Scope and Standards of Care in Travel Health Nursing.
- Partner with organizations with a shared commitment to promote the health and safety of travelers.
Travel Health Nursing is a growing nursing specialty devoted to the care of the international traveler.
ATHNA is tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the US Internal Revenue Service and is registered with the NY State Charities Bureau.