Available Grants 2014
Travel Well Award
Description of Award
ATHNA is pleased to announce the availability of small travel grants for ATHNA members who will present their research (accepted as poster or oral presentation) at a national or international professional meeting. Award amounts may vary ($250 to $750) and will depend upon the number of total qualified recipients in a given year. All award decisions will be made by the ATHNA Board of Directors.
This award is made possible by a generous grant from Travel Well of Westchester, Inc. Travel Well of Westchester, Inc is a NP travel health practice in Westchester County, NY.
The purpose of the ATHNA Travel Well Award is to help support nursing research in travel health and its dissemination.
- Member of ATHNA for at least six months prior to the date of the award application
- Formal acceptance from a national or international professional meeting to present original research in travel health as an oral or poster presentation at a national or international professional meeting
- No other source of funding for the research project (with the exception of employer support).
- Completed applications must be received at least 6 weeks before the presentation date.
To receive an application, interested nurses who qualify for a grant should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Name, home and work address
- Place of employment and job title
- Home and work phone numbers; home and work emails
- Title of the research project
- Name, location and date of the professional meeting
- Indicate whether the research has been accepted as an oral or poster presentation
Upon receipt of this information, the applicant will be sent the formal application via email.