Overall goals of ATHNA are the following:
- Advance the profession of Travel Health Nursing in North America.
- Serve as a resource for individuals who provide care to international travelers.
- Assist nurses to keep current regarding recommendations and emerging travel health issues.
- Promote communication and networking among Travel Health Nurses across North America.
- Facilitate the adoption of ATHNAs Scope and Standards of Care in Travel Health Nursing.
- Partner with organizations with a shared commitment to promote the health and safety of travelers.
- In 2018 our two goals are ANA recognition of travel health nursing as an official nursing specialty and the creation of a low cost, certification by portfolio that will not require another examination.
By joining ATHNA during this year of free membership you are helping us achieve these important objectives.