- Advance the profession of Travel Health Nursing in North America.
- Serve as a resource for individuals who provide care to international travelers.
- Assist nurses to keep current regarding recommendations and emerging travel health issues.
- Promote communication and networking among Travel Health Nurses across North America.
- Facilitate the adoption of ATHNAs Scope and Standards of Care in Travel Health Nursing.
- Partner with organizations with a shared commitment to promote the health and safety of travelers.
ATHNA has an Executive Committee comprised of five officers and a Board of Directors. In 2017 we adopted the Zero Committee organizational model that allows us to create small, time limited, special GO-Teams to address specific ATHNA goals. Nominations is one example of a GO-Team; another is the group that just recently updated our Scope & Standards for compliance with 2018 ANA guidelines. This Zero Committee approach affords us maximum flexibility as well as the opportunity for more members to get involved in short term projects that meet their personal and professional interests. When a new GO-Team is formed, an email notice goes out to our members welcoming their participation.