On behalf of the officers and Board of Directors of the American Travel Health Nurses Association (ATHNA), we welcome your interest in membership.
ATHNA is the only professional association representing nurses who seek to promote the growth and quality of travel health nursing practice in North America.
Our mission is to advance nurses engaged in the care of international travelers through professional development, evidence based practice, and advocacy
NEW, FREE Memberships
This year-2019- is a great year for you to join our professional association. It is our 15th anniversary as a professional organization and we are offering FREE membership March 2108-September 2019 for any nurse who currently counsels patients who travel OR any nurse interested in learning more about travel health nursing.
Across North America, many nurses provide care to international travelers and many others are interested in learning more about this very interesting nursing specialty. CDC estimates that more than 25,000 nurses in the U.S. and Canada provide education, immunization, and counseling services to persons traveling internationally. These nurses practice in a wide variety of settings; for many nurses, travel health care is a very important and specialized role.
ATHNA very much wants to represent and support the interests of every nurse in North America who has a professional interest in travel health. We also want travel health nursing to gain the professional recognition it deserves. If you have any interest in travel health nursing, Join Us!
2018-2019 Goals: ANA Recognition & Certification
ATHNA has two important goals for travel health nursing in 2018-2019:
- Official specialty recognition by the American Nurses Association for travel health nursing
- Initiation of an effort to achieve U.S. certification for nurses who educate and prepare international travelers in a wide variety of settings: employee health, college health, public health, private practice, the military and more..
Your membership March 2018-June 2019 has no obligations, but many benefits, that include:
- Access to Courses & Conferences, our continuously updated schedule of CE programs relevant to our specialty
- TravelBytes and TravelBytes CE, our regular, peer reviewed blog on travel health topics written by nursing experts
- Complimentary registration at our Annual NED: Networking, Education and Development Conference. Sessions are held around the country each summer to provide easy access; they are free, fun, and provide up to 5 CEs.
- Eligible to participate in ATHNA research activities: currently we welcome your interest in the Student Travel Health Research collaboration with have CDC, ISTM and ACHA.
- Access to our CareerCenter where members can learn about new positions and post openings
Thank you for your ongoing support of ATHNA! Please renew and enjoy complimentary membership through September 2019. We also strongly encourage you to invite as many of your colleagues and students as possible to join ATHNA. Our two goals for 2018-2019 are to achieve ANA recognition for our specialty and work towards U.S. certification for travel health nursing. A growing membership can help us achieve both...
How to Join ATHNA
Click on the links (NEW or RENEWING) above to file an electronic membership form. No payment required.
Let's build travel health nursing in North America together.
Be a Part of Travel Health Nursing's Future:
If you would like to make a donation to further support the important work of ATHNA, we would be most grateful. ATHNA is a 501 (c)(3) not- for- profit organization. You can make a donation through PayPal at this PayPal link. You can also send a check payable to:
1169 Northridge Ct.
Golden, CO 80401
Help spread the word about ATHNA. Share this flyer with your colleagues and coworkers.