On behalf of the officers and Board of Directors of the American Travel Health Nurses Association (ATHNA), we welcome your interest in membership.
ATHNA is the only professional association in North America representing nurses who seek to promote the growth and quality of travel health nursing practice, education, and research.
Our mission is to advance nurses engaged in the care of domestic and international travelers through professional development, evidence- based practice, research, and advocacy.
The Specialty of Travel Health Nursing
As a professional organization, ATHNA serves to represent and support the interests of North American nurses who have a professional interest in travel health. With that goal in mind, in March 2020 ATHNA achieved official recognition for the specialty through the American Nurses Association. This was an historic and major milestone for the specialty.
In March 2021 ATHNA jointly published with the American Nurses Association Travel Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2021. This text is now the legal foundation for the specialty and the basis for hiring, training, promotion, quality assurance, research and education. Copies are available for purchase at www.nursingworld.org.
Now is a great time for you to join our professional association. ATHNA was founded in 2004 as a professional organization and currently we are offering FREE membership for any nurse who currently counsels patients who travel OR any nurse interested in learning more about travel health nursing. International nurses who practice travel health nursing and nursing students are welcome, too!
If you have any interest in travel health nursing, Join Us!
Your complimentary membership has no obligations, but many benefits, that include:
- Access to an annual schedule of CE programs relevant to our specialty
- Educational Resources and our TravelBytes blog on important topics in travel health nursing
- ATHNA Book & Journal Announcements
- What's News - updated listing of clinical news relevant to travel health nurses
- Annual NED: Networking, Education and Development Conference. Sessions are held around the country each summer or virtually to provide easy access for a day of informal member interaction and professional development where CE credits can be earned.
- Eligible to participate in ATHNA research activities: currently we welcome your interest in a project to develop standards for the pretravel care of humanitarian and missionary travelers
- Access to our CareerCenter where members can post openings and interest in new employment opportunities
No need to process a renewal at this time.
Thank you for your ongoing support of ATHNA! Please consider a donation to your professional organization.
Please email ATHNA at firstname.lastname@example.org.