Get Excited About Joining Your ATHNA Colleagues at the NED Next June!
Full program details, NED registration, and suggestions for area attractions, restaurants, transportation options- and much more- will be posted on this website on or before January 15.
Sign -up early as space is limited.
Planned sessions include updates on travel vaccines and malaria, a talk on global pandemics, an interactive nurse expert panel, and a "late breaker" travel health topic.
In the meantime, don't wait until January to do first things first. Before the New Year you can:
- Mark your calendar for June 4, 8am to 5pm to attend our very first national NED. Check out the venue in downtown DC at the lovely Barbara Jordan Center https://www.kff.org/barbara-jordan-conference-center
- Ask your management for time off to attend this meeting. This NED will offer nursing CE credits so that might help in your effort to secure the time and perhaps some employer funds for travel to Washington.
- Consider coming to DC for an extra- long weekend or even longer. ISTM will allow nonmembers to attend one of their preconference sessions on Wednesday June 5 for just $40 payable onsite. And ATHNA is looking into some special tour options to health- related sites for Sunday, June 2 and Monday, June 3.
- Start looking at /booking your accommodations. Some members are already renting VRBO houses, others are looking at Airbnb options as well as hotels in the District. Lower prices hotels in Northern Virginia and the Maryland suburbs are also good options. Perhaps use Goggle, TripAdvisor or Expedia to start your search. The Barbara Jordan Center is just half a block from DC Metro Center (See map at https://washington.org/navigating-dc-metro
- Consider submitting a poster abstract by May 1. We hope to have a number of posters on display and we plan to award a $100 gift card to the winner. Great opportunity for our members to share their THN challenges, solutions, ideas and projects. And if you have an idea for a poster, but aren't sure how to proceed, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can- and want- to help.